Sunday, December 11, 2016

What Can I Do? What Can You Do?

I confess to lamenting too much about what the church in this country is not. When I look in the Bible I see so much modeled for us, not to mentioned commanded to us, that the church fails do to and be. This can get demoralizing after a while.

While not ignoring the obvious problems in the body of Christ, I’d like to focus at least a little more on what the church can be. Christ’s body has great potential for good specifically because it is in Christ. Through His power we can glorify Him through edifying each other and serving the world. I’d like to spend time thinking about what I can do to make the church stronger.

It’s just so easy to point at what others are failing to do. It’s much more convicting to muse about what I can do differently. For one, I know that I need to take my focus off myself and place it upon the needs of others. I’m not saying that I necessarily like that idea, but frankly it needs to happen.

I encourage you to think along with me. What can you do differently to greater serve the body of Christ and/or the world?

2 comments: